The DCRA is proud to announce the first annual recognition program designed to honor citizens and businesses who make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life of downtown residents and contribute to the economic growth of the city.
- The Downtown Resident of the Year must be a resident of Downtown Cleveland.
- The Downtown Small Business of the Year (Fewer than 200 Employees) must be located downtown.
- The Downtown Restaurant/Cafe of the Year must be located downtown.
- “ Downtown” is considered to be between E. 30th Street and the West side of the Flats and I-90 and the Lake.
- Those participating in nominating and voting must reside downtown.
- Only one vote per resident, per category.
- DCRA Board Members and their immediate family members can nominate and vote for participants, but are not eligible to be nominated or to win.
- Eligible participants must be able to attend the DCRA Annual Meeting and Award Celebration on April, 18, 2012, in person, during which he or she will be presented with the award.
- When submitting a nomination, the nominees full name, email address, and phone number must be included as well as a “reason” for the nomination. DCRA Board Members may contact any or all of the entrants via email address or phone number provided in order to confirm eligibility and availability to attend the Award Celebration on April 18, 2012 in person.
2012 Awards Timeline
The nomination period will begin on March 22, 2012 and end at 5:00 p.m. EDT on March 29, 2012. The voting period will begin on March 30, 2012 and end at 5:00 p.m. EDT on April 6, 2012.
[gravityform id=1 name=AwardNominations]