We look forward to seeing you at our next Community Forum on Wednesday, February 16th, 2022 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Meet our new President, Mario Aldayuz and the rest of our DCR team! We will also discuss the NBA All-Star Game happening right here in Downtown Cleveland this weekend!
We are offering a hybrid event in which you can choose between attending virtually or in-person. If you choose to attend in-person, please join us in the Gallery on the first floor of Old Stone Church. The entrance is on the Ontario side of the building.
After you register, you will still receive a link to the virtual meeting; however, this option is made available to those who wish to attend virtually and should not be confused with our in-person option. If you’ve never used Zoom before, that’s okay! You can call in using the phone number in the confirmation email, or join one of Zoom’s live training webinars to learn more.
Our forums provide a platform in which each resident’s voice can be heard. This platform provides all residents with shared values and a compassion for the welfare of others within their community the opportunity to not only connect with their neighbors, but also with public officials, developers, and others who have an impact on the continuing resurgence of Downtown Cleveland.
We have new and continuing discussions about improving the Downtown Cleveland neighborhood while we strengthen symbiotic relationships with influencers that utilize our feedback, thus materializing the desires of the people who live downtown. We are building vital relationships with the Third District CPD, the City of Cleveland and the city’s stakeholders.
NBA All-Star 2022 returns to Cleveland Feb. 18–20 at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland Public Auditorium and other locations throughout the city.
Ready to experience the hoops hype in this sports fanatical town? CLECourt.com is your slam dunk guide to experiencing everything The Land has to offer, from outstanding eats and craft brews to special events and uniquely CLE experiences.
Tickets are on sale now at NBAEvents.com for all the weekend’s events, including the NBA Crossover fan experience. Use code THISISCLE for a discount to single day tickets to Crossover.
Looking for even more? Head over to Tower City Center and compete in the NBA Ice Buckets Court Pop-Up. Fans could prove they have “ice in their veins” by competing in a buzzer beating basketball game for the chance to win NBA prizes such as NBA All-Star Game tickets and league-licensed merchandise.
Cleveland Power of Sport Summit presented by KeyBank and FirstEnergy will showcase local and national organizations utilizing their voices to address topics related to adaptive sports, gender equity, LGBTQIA+ athletes, mental health and racial equity. Event is free. Register at clesportsummit.org.
Questions on NBA All-Star 2022? Email us email@example.com
Subscribe to receive emergency notifications from the City of Cleveland regarding parking bans, street closures, and emergency weather updates.
Follow the newly launched Cleveland snowplow tracker for updates on where the City’s plows are throughout the storm and what streets have already been serviced.
Due to inclement weather, our February First Thursday Monthly Mixer at Southern Tier was rescheduled to Thursday, March 3rd from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Join us to meet your neighbors, the DCR Team and of course, for some fun!
*** UPDATE February 16th, 2022 ***
Our Community Forum had approximately 15 attendees this month and here are the details:
- Announced Elle Wu as Vice President.
- Announced Christina Kay as External Director.
- All attendees were challenged to bring a friend to the next event. This is a critical component in how DCRA grows and we look forward to welcoming new members.
- The group as a whole indicated they’d prefer to have more events that do not involve alcohol and/or are not at bars/restaurants to explore more of Downtown Cleveland.
- Mixers and Community forums are going to be modified moving forward to include more official business including merging DCRA board meetings into the initial parts of the community forum.
- DCRA is looking to have a PA system including microphone and speaker donated to the organization to more effectively communicate and show professionalism at events.
- Facebook Events, EventBrite, and the website moving forward will reflect all events.
- Looking for locations such as apartment complexes and businesses to host mixers/forums.
- Community social/mixer is at Southern Tier on March 3rd